Sunday, May 20, 2012

Baba Sushi, Teriyaki, Seafood Restaurant





















240 Canary Rd. Lexington, KY 40517


       Yellow Tail Jalapeno and Red Roll







Crystal Roll



Chicken Lomein
Hers: I had the Yellow Tail with Jalapeno and the Red Roll. They were both delicious, but I liked the Red Roll more, as it had spicy tuna inside, topped with more tuna. In case you can't tell already, I like tuna. The Yellow Tail , however, needed more kick, even with the Jalapeno. Luckily it came with plenty of wasabi. The plating was beautiful, one of the best I've ever seen. The large banana leaf took my breath away when our waitress brought it to the table. I felt transported back to some posh sushi joint in LA.  The Verdict: The Red Roll is a must have, but skip the Yellow Tail Jalapeno.




His:  I selected the Crystal Roll, which is a spicy crunch scallop inside with spicy crab and tobiko (flying fish roe) on top.  Everything was on point.  I loved the spice, the crunch and the fresh taste.  I wished I got more of this sushi.  The presentation was beautiful but it was such a big plate for just 8 small pieces.  The Verdict:  Love it, Get it.




His:  I also got the Chicken Lomein.  Lomein is soft egg noodles.  Again, everything was on point.  The taste was excellent, the chicken was moist and the noodles were finely cooked.  If the portion wasn't that large, I would have eaten all of it that night but alas I had to take the rest home.  Hers: I stole some off his plate and it was great. You could taste a smokey note to it like it was cooked on a hot griddle, similar to Mongolian cuisine. Love it. The Verdict:  If you don't want sushi then pick up the delectable dish and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment