Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mulligan's Gradenside Cafe












Corned Beef and Cabbage















Irish Hot Pots
Hers:  I ordered the Corned Beef and Cabbage, which is a traditional Irish dish I love to make every St. Patrick's Day at home, but this was my first experience having it at a restaurant. Mulligan's version comes with the corned beef mixed with the cabbage with a healthy side of mashed potatoes, skin and all. I found it to be a great comfort dish on a stormy saturday night, and the Guiness I ordered with it complemented it well. It was very filling, but that's to be expected for such a hearty dish. My only complaint it that I got full before I could finish it, it was that delicious! The Verdict: Their corned beef and cabbage is just as good as what I make at home, and I would recommend it to friends or anyone not having the time or patience to boil beef brisket for several hours.


His:  I got the Irish Hot Pots.  This was a creamy, chunky soup with a puffed pastry on top.  You can get this dish with chicken or beef.  I really enjoyed this dish even though it was a little bit salty but I expected it to be.  It was very filling and I was impressed that the dish stayed hot throughout.  The puffed pastry is like having crackers in your soup or a dumpling, loved it.  The Verdict:  I really liked this dish and will definitely have it again.  I do wounder how close this is to an authentic Hot Pot but still a good dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment