Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mr. Kabab



 2901 Richmond Rd # 150, Lexington, KY





Gyro Platter












Kabab Platter
 Hers:  I had the Gyro plate. It was great, except I forgot to ask for no onions--my fault. It came with extra meat and tzatziki sauce, which if you're into lots of meat is great. I wish that space on the place could have gone towards some hummus or rice, but that's just me. The salad it came with was simple and tasty-cumcubers, tomatoes, olives, herbs, and feta, all tossed in red vinegar and oil. My favorite.
The Verdict: a good dish, but not the best gyro I've had. Next time I'd like to try their hummus and other salads.




His:  I decided to try their Kabab Platter.  This was the first pictured platter on their menu and it looked delicious.  You could choose chicken or lamb for your skewered, marinated meat but the pictured showed one of each so I decided to have the platter just like that.  Both meat were great but I liked the chicken better.  The platter came with two different rice.  One was a traditional yellow rice with some veggies, always good.  The other rice was a white one with cinnamon.  I like cinnamon but this combination wasn't that great.  They also paired this dish with a garlic sauce.  Always love garlic items, always recommend and always use in good quantity when can.  The last item was a side item of your chose between a Greek salad, hummus or cucumber salad.  I went with the cucumber salad.  It was good and tasted kind of like a pickle salad.  The Verdict:  I would recommend this dish and come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment